Sunday, June 19, 2011

The time to say goodbye... is later.

Procrastination is a dirty little bitch. She never lets me do anything. Even this blog post has been put off for a while because she's so clingy and won't leave me alone... But procrastination and I, we became pretty good friends this past year. I mean, we tolerated each other. We understood each other, at least. But I'm having second thoughts.

Procrastination came into my life several years ago, but it wasn't really until this year that we became connected at the hip. Everywhere I went, procrastination was with me. Now that it's summer time, I hope we can take a break from each other and maybe not be so close next year... but I guess we'll see.

The last week of school was pretty ridiculous. I know it's all my fault because my real friends (not the stupid Procrastination that has this pathetic hold on me... leave me alone, love... I don't need you in my life!) told me to ditch Procrastination at LEAST for finals week. The week before my final paper for Ancient History was due Rakia told me "I don't want to see you out in the hall in the middle of the night upset about how much you have left to do. DO YOUR PAPER." You see, I would, but... I have a date with my poisoness love, PROCRASTINATION.

At least she tried. Maybe she should have hired a hitman.

I do manage to get all my work done though, at least eventually. I had to miss out on some fun the night before my Ancient History paper was due, which was a bummer. I was at Caroline's house with the girls for small groups, and we were all playing a fun game (Balderdash?) but I had to quit and leave early to finish my work... Procrastination called my name while I ignored her and went to the library.

She didn't like that very much...

See, I tried to ditch her the week before. She wouldn't get off my back, so I called upon Michelle B for a favor. I had her change my passwords for Facebook and MyYearbook for the week because my friendship with Procrastination was becoming quite the affair. I found myself sneaking around anyway, even if I was just slowly packing up my room or texting other girls... It was still a problem, but it wasn't quite as ridiculous.

Basically, I've realized my relationship with Procrastination is unhealthy. We either need to go to counseling or just separate completely. Next year, I'm ready for a fresh start. It's time to leave Procrastination behind me and just move on.

-Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. I've had my own relationship with procrastination, as well. It used to be a healthy one, too.

    ReplyDelete